Wednesday 4 October 2017

Bathurst 30th September -Long distance and grand final day

Today was the long distance champs. The map was Tambaroora, which is just out of Hill end.

Trevor did a consistently good effort, though slow.
I did made an abysmal mash of my course. I took 58  minutes between control 5 and 6, only then figuring out where I was because I accidentally found number 9 and navigated back from that.

My mess



Trev's course

My course

This photos,though not of an SA orienteer gives a good idea of what the tricky terrain area was like. (Thanks OA facebook site) 


Once we were allowed to collect our maps we hopped in the car and headed back to town,  arriving just in time to catch the start of the AFL grand final.

Sadly the Crows lost despite strong support at our place.  They saved us the stress of a close game and we were able to relax over too much wine with Al and Zita before heading off to our beds for a final night. Tomorrow the big trip home starts.

No comments:

Post a Comment